
When Amy mentioned Barbara's swap, I felt drawn to participate even though I'm feeling done w/ the ATC format. The theme was use anything not intended for an ATC. I pulled out some furniture webbing that's 3.5" wide, gessoed, painted and stamped for the base. I found out that funky scissors can cut through copper foil (the sheet kind in rolls at Michael's). That's unraveled brass scrubbing/cleaning pad on there too.
Challenge is one of the hardest things I teach my students to do - most avoid confrontation, yet it's a central task for therapists. As I do my grading, I ask myself how I can challenge *and* support my students! I've been whining a lot lately about my own challenges (writing up my research) so I'm ready to move forward by just doing. Hence, little time for artistic exploits...it's going to be a challenging summer.


No comments:
Post a Comment