Thursday, May 24, 2007

"Blank" book



Here's a gift for a colleague's bridal shower. I altered a blank accordian book from a dollar store. The inside is gessoed and trimmed w/ handmade papers and postage. Heidi can add photos, journaling, whatever. This was inspired by the Blank Journal Page swap - I gotta bind that stuff too! Just got Traci Bautista's book - she talks about "leveraging" your art, and I guess that's one way of seeing how carving stamps works. I enjoy using these 2 stamps. I'll be on a plane this weekend- my favorite time to carve :-)
I'll bring blank journal embellishing materials (more beautiful papers, glue sticks, twinkling H20s and pastels) to while away the confined time. I'll get to spend time w/ my beloved sister, son, folks and friends between attending and presenting at a conference. Lots of learning, exploring and networking ahead.

No comments: