
Finally done! Here are my 2 girls - the wool one is wearing an outfit both of our kids once wore. The Lederhosen were from the grandparents. I got other Lederhosen at a massive Viennese thrift store in the early 90's - oh, to stroll those aisles again.... Should you have the opportunity, it's the Caritas Lager warehouse in the 5th District.
I've got some other carving swap obligations to fulfill this week. Did some carving on the plane again (hee hee hee). My carving tools went unquestioned, but a SNOWGLOBE set off flurries of TSA hassles. Go figure. In any case, I went to a terrific conference in SF, met some of the top folks in my field, had so much fun w/ friends and family, and nourished my soul. Sherman Alexie is a hoot. Got lots of art journal pages collaged and painted too. Work is going on at a crushing pace, but there's exhileration in it too. Now I gotta go stake out the garden for where to plant a CHESTNUT and a walnut tree, and 25 strawberry plants for the neighborhood kids to raid. :-)


2 comments:
JANIE!!! is GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU...
You have been a BUSY GAL...,but it looks like life is GOOD... as it should be!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Doll.. I bet your little one is just THRILLED to have a playmate!
xoxoxoxo
Well...nothing like me being a little LATE!
I am SO loving your big doll - WOW! I am incredibly impressed!!
You have been really busy making some awesome stuff - your blog is always a great place to find inspiration. I'm sorry I've been MIA for a bit - but I'm thrilled to have seen your entries and what you've been up to. Your doll is seriously incredible - and it makes me wanna kick myself for not sewing!!
Just for the record - I'd be beyond honored to receive an ATC from you...pumping my sad collection to a whopping 3! What a tremendous offer!!
Keep creating woman - you're full of talent!
Hugs,
Queen Katherine ;)
Post a Comment