Friday, June 15, 2007

Inspiration

Started these journal pages on the NCORE Bay Cruise boat, the reception for the conference -actually quite the experience. I thought it was just a ride around the Bay to the Golden Gate, so we brought some delicious take-out gourmet food. Turned out to be a banquet and disco! Danced like crazy. 2 hours later, as we waited to disembark, the crowd was huge so I asked my companions to rip and paste with me. I watercolored over the pages as we waited 6 hours on a layover after our delayed plane missed our connection. Moral: always take art supplies in carry-ons. Every trip affords me art sessions in the French Meadow Bakery cafe in Terminal F (or G?) of the Minneapolis-St Paul airport with delicious organic buttery goodies and fair trade caffeine. I sit facing the streams of travelers with waterbrush and Twinkling H2Os painting stamped and embossed images, or to add to my journal. All the employees are from Ethiopia so I think of our past travels in the Horn of Africa, and wonder what became of people we encountered. Each layover is a joy, not a hassle; a welcome break with no other purpose than to create; time devoted to art and time to reflect.





No comments: